Nerds Assemble 105: Is remote play going to really catch on?
This week: Mojang, Now You See Me 2, the PC market, George A. Romero on horror films and our feature this week: is remote play really going to catch on?
- Mojang being bought by Microsoft for a cool $2.5 billion
- Now You See Me 2 heading for a June 2016 release
- 50 percent of US PC gamers wait for sales to pick up titles
- George A. Romero has little time for today’s horror films
- What we got up to: Plants vs Zombies, lots of Assassin’s Creed, TxK, Godus, Outlast, Super Mario Galaxy, Driver San Francisco and No More Heroes
And our feature this week sees take a look at the future of remote videogame play and what Sony and Microsoft have been doing in this regard. From Sony’s inclusion of PS4 remote play with the Vita and coming to Xperia Z3 mobile devices, plus what’s the point of Microsoft potentially enabling streaming of Xbox One to PC? And: are we any closer to having infrastructure that can support this?
So, are you sitting comfortably?
Click here to listen in your browser (right-click and ‘Save As’ to download).
Find the podcast on Stitcher here.
Find the podcast on iTunes here.
Theme music by Martin Falder.