Nerds Assemble episode 83: Chatting with Ack-Ack Macaque author Gareth Powell
This week: BBC iPlayer, iffy reality web series, Gareth Powell and talking monkeys, plus much more!
- BBC iPlayer to extend availability of programmes
- Frostbite’s mean-spirited April Fool’s gag
- When GAME_JAM reality web series go wrong
For the final part of the show (from around 58 minutes) Emily interviews science fiction author Gareth Powell, creator of Ack-Ack Macaque, who has written many novels and short stories including The Recollection and The Last Reef. From how to stop your audience from being in the dark, to the origins of his simian pilot, to thoughts on the recent events regarding the Hugos (check episode 79) - Gareth has some interesting thoughts on science fiction.
And here’s a link to that Guardian article that Gareth mentions.
So, are you sitting comfortably?
Click here to listen in your browser (right-click and ‘Save As’ to download).
We’re currently carrying out a short listener survey, which you can take part in here.
Theme music by Martin Falder.
3 Notes/ Hide
- thehexdimension reblogged this from nerdsassemble and added:
- thehexdimension likes this
- iqueuefortea reblogged this from nerdsassemble and added:
- nerdsassemble posted this